[Wikipedia-l] metapedia.org

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Sun Nov 3 19:24:41 UTC 2002

Toby Bartels wrote:
> I just wrote [[Metapedia]], and I tried to link to <metapedia.org>,
> which of course is wrong, so I fixed it when I figured it out.
> But neither <metapedia.org> nor <metapedia.com> seems to be owned now,
> so would it be more trouble than it's worth to get them?

Well, since we don't have a site called "Metapedia"...

> PS:  The <title>s of Metapedia pages say "Wikipedia" in them.
>      That should be "Metapedia" too, don't you think?

That's probably because they're Meta-Wikipedia pages, not Metapedia
pages. They _ought_ be to explicitly linked to the Wikipedia name,
because they're explicitly part of the Wikipedia project. However, they
shouldn't say "Encyclopedia article from", as they are not part of the
_encyclopedia_ Wikipedia, but are meta-discussion about the _project_
Wikipedia.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)