[WikiEN-l] Please let Lir back

Vicki Rosenzweig vr at redbird.org
Wed Feb 12 20:04:20 UTC 2003

At 09:09 AM 2/12/03 -0500, Ed Poor wrote:

>My friends, after talking privately with Lir I feel it is only fair for us
>to withdraw our objections to his participation on Wikipedia. He has
>agreed to be good, and that is good for all of us.
>
>I suppose some of us may want a sort of statement from him, or may still
>want to express concerns. I ask only that you be gentle and considerate,
>bearing in mind as always that "example is the best teacher".

The problem here is twofold. First, Lir agreed to be good once before, and then
didn't. (That's beyond the implicit agreement to be good that everyone who
works
on a project like this, with defined goals, is making.)

Second, since this was a private discussion between Ed and Lir, I don't
know what
"be good" means in this case. Ed, can you elaborate?

--
Vicki Rosenzweig
vr at redbird.org
http://www.redbird.org