[WikiEN-l] Naming convention: popularity vs. correctness

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Mon Feb 10 02:58:52 UTC 2003

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 11:36:00PM +0100, Erik Moeller wrote:
>> The current policy is the healthier one. Wikipedia should by and large
>> reflect the common consensus, at least on a zero-order approximation, not
>> try to enforce the "correct" view
>
>There's no reason to put correct in quotation marks here if nobody
>disagrees other than by mere habit. And if that is so, it is proper for an
>encyclopedia to use the correct term. That's why the Britannica uses
>"Ockham's Razor". Using the Google popularity test for article titles is
>unprofessional.

Look, English isn't your native language; I wish you would stop showing
disrespect for the common linguistic heritage of those for who it IS
their first, and usually ONLY language.

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2