[WikiEN-l] The Lir situation

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Sat Feb 8 23:51:55 UTC 2003

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 06:49:38PM -0500, Vicki Rosenzweig wrote:
>That's not what it means. It just means that we (sysops) need to separate
>our editing
>from our adminning/sysop work. If I think an article needs protection from
>vandals, _I
>stop editing it myself_. This is to avoid the temptation to use sysop
>powers unfairly in
>an edit war.
>
>It doesn't mean I can't edit pages, or that you wouldn't be able to.

In practice, it amounts to that. I have seen Eric and Ortolan and some
others attack Ed Poor when he appropriately protected a page to stop an edit
war, when he had recently been involved in editing that page himself.

I believe that attack on Ed Poor was unjustified, and I don't want to
see a repeat of such attacks made on Zoe.

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2