[WikiEN-l] Re: SERIOUS HELP NEEDED NOW!

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Feb 8 17:32:38 UTC 2003

Mirko Thiessen wrote:

>>I think it is way past time that admins can view users' IPs. This is
>>ridiculous!
>>
>Agreed.
>
>If we manage to find out the IP, shouldn't a vandal attack of this
>extent be reason enough to contact the provider of this idiot?

An in house solution would be better.  If the vandal's ISP does not have
any real people staffing it over a week-end it could be three days
before there is any response at all.  That would give him time to do a
lot more damage.  At the best of times this could leave us entangled in
the ISP's own administrative processes - and these can be highly
variable depending on such things as the ISP's attitude toward free speech.

Eclecticology