[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l digest, Vol 1 #123 - 15 msgs

Jesse Alter jesse at snacksoft.com
Fri Feb 7 19:14:53 UTC 2003

Apparently, the issue with Lir is a bit deeper than I thought, and I do
side with some of the people offended by her--some of the comments were
sharp and a bit 'unladylike' (for the record, I think men and women
should both behave 'ladylike' in polite company). But one of the things
that really got me was where Zoe said she would leave if Lir was
unbanned and 'continued his usual obnoxiousness'. That's not cool. Now
you're adding some more emotion to the admin's decisions. Now they must
worry if it is worthwhile to add Lir if they'd be losing you, and that's
really unfair. The decision should be made based on whether the admins
feel it would help Wikipedia, overall.

/