[WikiEN-l] Please revoke Isis' sysop status

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Mon Feb 3 13:52:52 UTC 2003

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 12:37:18PM +0100, Erik Moeller wrote:
>Given Isis'/Kay's continued legal threats against a valued member of the
>Wikipedia community (Tarquin) for a misunderstanding (largely on her part), I
>must insist that her sysop status be revoked. I cannot trust her to be fair in
>the use of the sysop privileges any longer.
>
>Jimbo, please take action in this matter ASAP.

I object to this request, and request that Isis sysop status be left
alone.

Isis has repeatedly asked for clarification, in very polite terms.  I
have not seen attempts to answer him.

Isis is acting out of concern for his own legal liability.  I think it
would be the right thing to do for you, Jimbo, or for Tarquin to give
Isis a brief note of assurance that he is not liable.

As you may or may not have noticed, Isis works as a paralegal.  He has
experience of how things work in the law, so has a better idea than the
rest of us if he actually is in legal danger or not.  Far better to have
him onside and working for us, than to snub him and lose his valuable
services.

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2