[WikiEN-l] Please revoke Isis' sysop status

Lee Pilich pilich at btopenworld.com
Mon Feb 3 13:03:49 UTC 2003

At 12:37 03/02/2003 +0100, Erik wrote:
>Given Isis'/Kay's continued legal threats against a valued member of the
>Wikipedia community (Tarquin) for a misunderstanding (largely on her part), I
>must insist that her sysop status be revoked. I cannot trust her to be fair in
>the use of the sysop privileges any longer.

Normally I'm all for handing out adminships quite liberally, but I do not
feel that Isis' actions (threatening tarquin with a court case simply
because he civilly disagreed with her interpretation of copyright law) is
the action of somebody with the best interests of the Wikipedia at heart.
As such, I too would like to see Isis' sysop rights revoked.

I also wouldn't mind if she was banned outright, but I think I'm just
saying that because I'm so bloody angry about all this.

The gory details incidentally, for those fortunate enough to have missed
them, can be found at http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Juliette_Binoche ,
with additional whining at http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Jimbo_Wales

lp (camembert)
WikiKarma: http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridget_Riley