[WikiEN-l] Again I am blocked

Tim Starling ts4294967296 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 27 07:05:59 UTC 2003

>From: daniwo59 at aol.com
>To: wikiEN-l at wikipedia.org
>Subject: [WikiEN-l] Again I am blocked
>Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 02:21:28 EDT
>
>I understand why it is necessary to block Michael. However, it is
>absolutely
>unnecesary to block me! Furthermore, the answer that the block against
>Michael (and by extension, against me) will be lifted in a day or so is
>absolutely unsatisfactory.

I suggest you get a username, if you don't already have one, and tell us
what it is. The development team will be able to override the IP blocking
for you personally. This will allow us to continue to block Michael, and
will also give us an obvious course of action if you turn out to be just
another Michael pseudonym trying to get the previous pseudonyms unblocked.

If you're currently an anonymous contributor and you're anxious about
getting a username, keep in mind that users with usernames have much better
privacy protection in place than "anonymous" users.

-- Tim Starling.