[WikiEN-l] A plea for sanity in capitalisation from the coalface

JFrost8401 at aol.com JFrost8401 at aol.com
Sun Apr 27 06:43:00 UTC 2003

Tannin has a lot more patience than me. I would be more inclined to pack in
the whole thing than argue at such length over an issue where the views of
the incorrect majority take priority over those of the well-informed.

I welcome amendmends, and sometimes, as in a recent  discussion with
Montrealais over Crow/Corvus, even if I disagree, it helps me clarify my
thoughts.

Tannin is right, 95% at least of the literature capitalises. Although nobody
owns articles, I'm sure the capital-changers would be annoyed if I made
ill-informed changes to their pet articles, assuming they write any.

I don't know why this is an issue. Capitalisation should be used where it is
correct, proper names and species names, and not otherwise. I can't
understand why people who make no contribution to these articles are so
determined to undermine those who do.