[WikiEN-l] A plea for sanity in capitalisation from the coalface

Tony Wilson list at redhill.net.au
Sun Apr 27 00:30:17 UTC 2003

Mav wrote:
> I have tried to make sure my tone is respectful in these matters
and
> copyediting, formatting and moving articles per standard English grammar
> rules and Wikipedia conventions ... /are/ useful ways to contribute. Or have I
> been wasting my time for the last year and a half?

Indeed, you are always respectful, and you have made a massive
contribution to the 'pedia. Everyone knows that, and we all respect it.
I for one am grateful for it. But your stubborness on this matter,
though undoubtedly well intentioned, is not adding to that respect.

Bluntly, we, the people who actually WRITE the fauna entries, are sick
and tired of being buggerised about, for no good reason, by people who
do NOT contribute to them. Over the last month or so there has been a
massive improvement to the bird sections in particular. There is a huge
amount more still to do, but the concentrated efforts of three or four
regular contributors is really starting to show results. Please, if you
don't want to help with this project, at least stop interfering with
it.

Tony Wilson
(Tannin)