[WikiEN-l] Classification of China?

Vicki Rosenzweig vr at redbird.org
Fri Apr 25 23:31:58 UTC 2003

At 05:16 PM 4/25/03 -0600, Fred Bauder wrote:
>I intend to speak truth. China (and the Catholic church, for another
>example) are authoritarian. \ It is not merely a matter of the opinion of
>vague critics. There are objective criteria which if met constitute an
>authoritarian government.

This concerns me, not because I disagree, but because I don't know
what objective criteria Fred is using, and because almost anyone who
promotes a point of view sincerely believes that he or she is speaking
truth.

The determination to speak truth, while admirable, is not the same as
NPOV, which is our policy.

--
Vicki Rosenzweig
vr at redbird.org