[WikiEN-l] Larry's text on the "Knowledge" article

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Thu Apr 17 21:50:51 UTC 2003

Well, if you consult Britannica what they do in philosophical articles is
set forth the history of philosophical thought on a subject. Here we try,
usually unsuccessully, to address the issue itself. However, in the absence
of a recognized canon of knowledge on a topic our attempts are unlikely to
satisfy.

Knowledge is doable though.

As to art, right at the beginning of work on the Oxford Dictionary, they hit
that rock. And more or less did it.

Fred