[Wikipedia-l] Re: HomePage

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 20 20:34:19 UTC 2003

Jay wrote:
>Daniel Mayer wrote:
>>Perhaps we could artificially make
>>light blue meaningful by having the
>>"official" colors of en.wiki be white,
>>blue and yellow (white for articles,
>>blue for hyperlinks and yellow for
>>"community"). And while we are at it
>>we could also develop a mascot and a
>>flag. :-)
>
>A native Hawaiian critter would be neat!
>but whats this about a "flag" why would
>we need a flag, does Linux have a flag?
>Hmmm... The penguin thing is very clever.
>Something like that for Wiki would be
>very welcome, the French Wiki has
>a Peace Dove if I understand the symbol
>correctly, anything to do with quick "wiki
>wiki", what do you think?
>
>Since,
>Jay B.

I love the Hawaiian critter idea! One problem though:
sadly most 'native' Hawaiian animals are either
endangered or extinct while Wikipedia is far from
either - we are thriving. This may take a good deal of
research, luck and a damn good artist.

A flag isn't as important - [[Wikipedia is not]] a
micronation. ;-)

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)

WikiKarma:
I updated all the year pages and many of the other
articles linked from [[February 16]].