[Wikipedia-l] a way to contact IP users

Neil Harris neil at tonal.clara.co.uk
Mon Nov 25 18:17:10 UTC 2002

Larry Sanger wrote:

>Ed,
>
>I know you mean very well, and that you're trying to help solve an
>important problem, but I'm generally opposed to giving admins any special
>powers that they do not already have have.  Maybe give everyone this
>power?
>
>Isn't there another way to achieve what you are trying to achieve?
>
>Larry
>
>On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Poor, Edmund W wrote:

I agree with Larry on this. All logged-in users (or maybe even all
users) should have the power to send a message to unregistered IPs:
there is no need for a similar power to talk to logged-in users, as the
talk page will already work for them.

Perhaps this could be done by just editing the [[User:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]]
page for the appropriate IP.

Neil