[Wikipedia-l] Re: The v-word

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Mon Nov 25 17:49:01 UTC 2002

Jonathan Walther (Clutch?) wrote:

>You are running hot under the collar based on false information.  Please
>cool down.  What Clutch was doing isn't vandalism, but I doubt anyone
>here has the time to look at every single edit that was done to Lirs
>pages and see all the tiny changes that were made; the fact that Lirs
>page is long makes the job much harder than it otherwise would be.

It's easy to look at every single edit.  I did it.
(Yes, Erik, Lir put in the link to good taste first,
after Clutch had put it on her user talk page.)
There's no doubt in my mind that vandalism was at work.
This is not name-calling; I do not say this gratuitously.
These sorts of changes to a user page are unprecedented,
and they were done repeatedly, despite admonition
from several other Wikipedians.  Normally bannable.
However, we made an exception, because we hate Lir.

-- Toby

PS:  Who are you on Wikipedia?