[Wikipedia-l] RE: [Wikipedia-l] Orthographe québécoise

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Nov 25 15:10:28 UTC 2002

Matt (Montréalais) a ecrivé:

- Je me demande s'il existe une politique sur le Wiki français par rapport
- aux orthographes régionales de même qu'existe sur le Wiki anglais.

If this means that French and English wikipedias should have a similar naming convention for geographic terms, then I strongly agree.

I didn't understand the "Village gai" stuff. It sounds like a discussion about the [[gay village]] article, which in turn sounds like the idea of calling parts of various cities "Chinatown". As in, "I went to Chinatown last night and ate eggrolls at a Chinese restaurant."

I understand the slang use of "gay" as:
* referring to homosexuals & homosexuality
* becoming increasingly a mainstream term (as in "gay rights")

I apologize for my inability to read French accurately. Il y a 25 ans que je l'ai etudié.

Ed Poor, aka [[Edmond Le Pauvre]]