[Wikipedia-l] Re: "Mark all edits minor by default"

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Fri Nov 22 00:30:21 UTC 2002

Daniel Mayer wrote:

>BTW, why do anonymous IPs have the ability to mark edits as minor? That wasn't
>the case for Phase II. The way it is now "hide minor edits" is useless
>because most vandals are anonymous and oftentimes mark their vandalisms as
>"minor". I therefore don't use the hide minor edits feature.
>

>>What I've seen work is to make summaries mandatory for non-minor edits.
>>

>Sound like an interesting idea.

Either of the above options is good; I don't think both are required
together; and I prefer the first: let only named users minor-edit.

I frequently use minor edits if I'm just making links, or clearing up
typos, or making tweaks to sentence structure -- having to fill in the
edit box each time would be a little tedious.

- tarquin