[Wikipedia-l] vandalism spree

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Wed Nov 20 23:36:45 UTC 2002

Magnus Manske wrote:

> How about a link on the user contributions, for sysops only probably,
> to undo all "top" contributions of this user?

Good idea.
 it would certainly mean we no longer feel we're drowning in vandal edits.

I think an alert to a user that appears above all their edit boxes could
be useful -- there could be a flag that says "you have been identified
by user X as making vandal edits / breaching copyright / etc. Please use
the Sandbox to test wiki markup."
-- something to let them know a) we're onto them and b) where they can
respond if there has been a misunderstanding