[Wikipedia-l] Fucking Asshole

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Mon Nov 11 21:19:51 UTC 2002

tarquin about Ed's unhypothetical hypothetical:
>Well it's not hypothetical any more:
>http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/User%3AFucking_Asshole
>
>Could we have a vague policy that profanity is not okay for user names?
>(vague because people's idea of profanity doesn't always match -- we'd
>have to decide on a case by case basis)

Throbbing Monster Cock points out that [[fisting]] or whatever is in
the wikipedia so his username is really no different.  Well, it is:
[[fisting]] does not edit other articles, showing up on Recent Changes
a hundred times a day or more.

I don't mind the name, really.  I had a brief chuckle & then went on
with my business--but I can see how other people would mind the name
(and apparently do, as his talk page emphasises).

kq