[Wikipedia-l] Ed F.A. Poor

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Nov 11 19:31:06 UTC 2002

Okay, then ban me. I surreptitiously vandalized 5 or 10 pages with a fake account, then confessed to Larry.

Suppose you revoke my sysop rights, erase my user name, block my IP. Will that solve the crisis facing Wikipedia? Will that prevent the abuses that you fear will stem from codifying and enforcing standards?

My Fallacious Alter-ego experiment was designed purely to draw attention to the problem of having poorly defined standards. If it was a "poor" idea, chalk it up to the poverty of

    your most obedient servant,
    Ed Poor