[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia-l digest, Vol 1 #839 - 15 msgs

elian elian at gmx.li
Mon Nov 11 13:22:11 UTC 2002

tarquin <tarquin at planetunreal.com> writes:

> Matt M. wrote:
> >How are they any different from the geographical Wikipedian pages? I don't
> >see how asserting I'm Queer is any different from asserting I'm Canadian.

> Sure.
> But then why are users being prevented from asserting their opposition
> to the US in its current state as a polluting warmonger ruled by an
> oil baron despot?

Because of the "Anti". Enlisting as a queer user says nothing about your
attitude about non-queer people. Positive categories are fine (ecologists,
human right or peace activists, atheist, christian or muslim), negative
categories are evil: "anti-christian", "antisemite", because they don't say
only something about the self-categorized person but also insult other
people.

greetings,
elian
--
those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.