[Wikipedia-l] Feature Proposal: Certification

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Fri Nov 1 18:47:16 UTC 2002

Larry Sanger wrote:

>Toby Bartels wrote:

>>Larry has already suggested that Nupedia might act like this;
>>well, we could have a site that covers Team Nupedia
>>and a bunch of other certification teams too,
>>if there's interest.

>OK, two comments: (1) while I and others have often said in the past that
>Nupedia is perfectly free to use Wikipedia articles, and even that Nupedia
>could serve as a Wikipedia-vetting project, that is *not* my most recent
>proposal.

I didn't mean to imply <This is like Larry's current proposal.>,
I just meant <This is similar to an idea that you've seen before;
if you don't recognise it, Larry mentioned it some time back.>.
Sorry for the inadvertent slander ^_^.

>(2) No offense but I really don't want any "team" of reviewers that I help
>organize associated with other (nonprofessional) reviewing "teams" as
>designated by Wikipedia.

Meaning that Nupedia wouldn't actually participate in the team site.
Well, that's probably to be expected ^_^.

-- Toby