[Wikipedia-l] Against moderation

Axel Boldt axelboldt at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 23:58:12 UTC 2002

I am against moderation of any Wikipedia mailing lists.

* It creates a new level of power, and thus goes completely in the
wrong direction and against wiki principles. Some people appear to be
rather eager to serve as moderators because of this. (Was this a
flame?)

* What a flame is can be debated. Erik's recent rather hostile analysis
of Julie's work could certainly be judged either way. But it is always
better to see borderline cases than to suppress them.

* If you, like me, think these lists carry too much traffic, get
yourself a throwaway email account at yahoo.com and/or read the lists
on the web. Yahoo even lets you filter out and trash messages by
subject, author or keyword.

* Simply ignore flames, what could be easier?

Axel