[Wikipedia-l] Moderation

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Dec 11 20:21:11 UTC 2002

Erik asked,

<< How will the moderation be set up? >>

I think the majority of posts should go directly to the list.

If a poster violates etiquette, for example by calling a reader a "poopoo face", the moderator ought to chide them (in public or private, it doesn't matter).

If they keep violating etiquette, the moderator can place the poster on the "screened posters" list. (That is, they'd move a step down from "good" to "bad" on my good, bad and ugly scale.)

Only screened posts would have to be read by a moderator.

Ed Poor

P.S. I don't think Larry actually nominated himself, although he may have seconded his own nomination.

P.P.S. I hereby second my own nomination