[Wikipedia-l] Helga banned

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Dec 2 10:55:14 UTC 2002

Jens Frank wrote:

>I think Jimbo unbanned her. But I think it was a fault. Frau Jonat is
>doing what she's done before (List in no particular order):
>
>* Shows disrespect against the Polish national border:
>http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Wolin&diff=452458&oldid=452448
>
>* reverting articles to a status that was considered
>  wrong by other experts, without providing prove or
>  arguments for her position
>http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Boleslaus_I_of_Poland&diff=456005&oldid=443686
>
>* Changing articles from NPOV
>http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=History_of_Lithuania&diff=456047&oldid=452553
>
>* Articles which do not cover the subject
>http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Galindan_language&oldid=456004

I've reviewed these articles, and although some of the changes seem
debatable, or involve exchanging one POV for another, that is nothing
unusual in the thrust and parry of debate.  To say that adding the
single word "current" to "Polish border"  is a disrespect of Polish
borders  makes arguments out of nothing.  The addition is at worst a
redundency of trivial importance.

If temporary bans are to have any value, fair-mindedness demands that
when the offender returns to the community her contributions be judged
with the same objectivity that would be applied to any other
contributors.  There is no need to look at her contributions through a
microscope for every tiny point that you may find offensive.  If you
look hard enough you can find that in anybody's contributions.

Eclecticology