[Wikipedia-l] is it possible?

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Mar 25 23:01:00 UTC 2003

> Is it possible if someone types the name of an article
> which doesn't yet have any text that that person could
> be sent to a search page for that topic.  Thus, if I
> type http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen, instead
> of getting a page saying that this page doesn't exist,
> I would instead get the search results page?  Would
> anyone else want this?

This is the behavior when you use the Go button: If the article exists, it
is directly displayed, if it does not, the search results are shown. So if
you want to pass along URLs which work as you describe, use an URL of this
pattern:

http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?search=Schengen&go=Go

with Schengen replaced by the article title.

Regards,

Erik