[Wikipedia-l] space after headings

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Thu Mar 20 16:30:32 UTC 2003

Tarquin wrote:

>1. no space after headings -- only before (looks cleaner in text -- the
>heading belongs to what is below it)

>2. special "compact" headings with no space after OR before get special
>markup, say
>== compact heading ==!

The most natural markup for the editor is to let
the absence or presence of a blank line indicate
the absence or presence of a space in the output.
This is true both before and after the header.

I am assuming that we have reason to allow both versions,
and the output should be given by style sheets
in preference to HTML kludges that don't even work in XHTML.
But we all know that.

-- Toby