[Wikipedia-l] DW Widow

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 18:59:12 UTC 2003

>Dear Sir,
>
>I am the wife of David W. Thornton. I logged in to
>Wikipedia.org as "Lucie" on our computer under the
>User name, Black Widow . On my User Page, I clearly
>posted an official notice that I was the wife of
>User:DW.
>
>Today, after posting much hard work, I received the
>following message when I tried to log in:
>
>Your user name or IP address has been blocked by
>Maveric149. The reason given is this: Alias of DW
>
>You may contact Maveric149 or one of the other
>administrators to discuss the block.
>
>Sir, I would like to point out that this person
>calling him or her self Maverick149 has no proof
>or the statement he made as to any alleged alias.

This block was made a day after DW was banned - I had
no idea you even existed at that point.

>I searched your website and could find no official
>legal notice stating that you ban people from
>participating on your website on speculation or
>that you discriminate against wives / partners /
>friends / acquaintances etc. who may use our
computer.

/You/ were not blocked, DW was. Just look at the time
and date of the block - your user account didn't even
exist back then.

>Please advise why you authorized this discrimination.

>Sincerely yours. Christine Thornton, B.A., LL.B.

Now before you throw words like "discrimination"
around perhaps you can actually do a bit of homework
first?

In the future use the "Email this user" feature that
is located on an Admin's user page to ask for a block
removal. If you had visited my user page you would
have seen an easy to use and find shortcut to this
link. If you had visited the Admin page you also would
have seen /another/ such link right next to my user
name in the Admin list. If you had looked on the "IM a
Wikipedian" page you would have seen my AIM nickname.
The reason I'm pointing this out is that I check my
email 5-10 times a day and am usually on AIM while at
my home computer but I get Wikipedia-l in 10-20 email
digests which can take up to 2 days to arrive in my
mailbox (the IP block would probably have been lifted
within an hour if you had emailed me - instead it
looks like it lasted about a day). Another important
piece of information would be your IP address - but I
see you are editing again so everything is OK for now.

Daniel Mayer (aka mav)

WikiKarma
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ramirez (new)