[Wikipedia-l] [dwwidow2003 at yahoo.com: Wikipedia]

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Mon Mar 17 17:32:20 UTC 2003

----- Forwarded message from Christine Thornton <dwwidow2003 at yahoo.com> -----

From: Christine Thornton <dwwidow2003 at yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:27:06 -0800 (PST)
To: jwales at bomis.com
Subject: Wikipedia

Dear Sir,

I am the wife of David W. Thornton. I logged in to Wikipedia.org as "Lucie" on our computer under the User name, Black Widow . On my User Page, I clearly posted an official notice that I was the wife of User:DW.

Today, after posting much hard work, I received the following message when I tried to log in:

Your user name or IP address has been blocked by Maveric149. The reason given is this:
Alias of DW

You may contact Maveric149 or one of the other administrators to discuss the block.
 Sir, I would like to point out that this person calling him or her self Maverick149 has no proof or the statement he made as to any alleged alias. I searched your website and could find no official legal notice stating that you ban people from participating on your website on speculation or that you discriminate against wives / partners / friends / acquaintances etc. who may use our computer. Please advise why you authorized this discrimination. Sincerely yours. Christine Thornton, B.A., LL.B.