[Wikipedia-l] legal threat in eo wikipedia! / legxa minaco en la eo-Vikipedio

Pedro M.V. macv at interlap.com.ar
Sun Mar 16 17:46:22 UTC 2003

Why they want these personal data ???.

Regards.

----- Original Message -----
From: "julien tayon" <julien at tayon.net>
To: <wikipedia-l at wikipedia.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Wikipedia-l] legal threat in eo wikipedia! / legxa minaco en la eo-Vikipedio

Le Sat, 15 Mar 2003 23:09:07 +0100 (CET),
inspiré(e) Chuck Smith <msochuck at yahoo.com> écrivait la plume alerte :

> Rough translation:  Dear sir, please communicate to me
> the adress(es) of who to send a letter by mail for you
> and for Mr. Brion Vibber, who are indicated as the
> ones responsible for the editing of this encyclopedia.
>  Please communicate the address, but also the complete
> name, of the person who uses the name, "Kricxjo".  If
> you don't respond, I will send through my lawyer a
> registered letter to your attention at the central
> office of UEA in Rotterdam.  You can answer the nicely
> requested information below.  Thanks in advance for
> your response.
[...]
First ask him a way to authenticate that this mail is really from him
(electronic signature, snail-mail with receipt, ID card in a real
meeting, ask him his personnal pone number check it in yellow pages, and
phone him back...). Unless, you can certify this is him, it is important
to be sure he is THE guy who he is claiming to be, so that you do not
give wikipedian real coordinate to someone else :)
But, he is quite stupid : it is fairly easy to find Brion's coordinates
without problem (google and whois are your friend for those who know how
to use them).

--
Julien Tayon
http://www.tayon.net/        http://libroscope.org/