[Wikipedia-l] Feature request

Matt M. matt_mcl at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 16 14:40:04 UTC 2003

Hi,

I wonder if anyone else has thought of this, but while considering the pipe
trick ([[foo (bar)|]] = [[foo (bar)|foo]]) it occurred to me that one of the
places this would be most useful is in place names, a huge portion of which
are in the form [[Boise, Idaho]]. If it could be set up so that the pipe
trick could work with commas too ([[Boise, Idaho|]] = [[Boise,
Idaho|Boise]]), that would be very useful in a variety of situations. (It
wouldn't conflict with other uses of commas, since you just wouldn't have
any reason to use the pipe trick with them; or if, say, something had both
commas and parentheses, you could set it to just pipe the parentheses. If an
article had multiple commas, you could set it to hide everything after the
first one.)

What do you think?

Matt