[Wikipedia-l] Bias / Arab Israeli editing conf...

Tomos at Wikipedia wiki_tomos at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 13 05:02:54 UTC 2003

Stevertigo;

First, a correction:
"And the opponents of the extremests may be biased as well"
was what I wanted to say. (instead of "unbiased").

>Where do you stand Tomos?

I'm not informed enough on this issue. And I don't think I can
mediate that kind of open discussion. I have other things I can
do better, too.
But I didn't mean to stop you. I only hoped that maybe some
cautions would help you to make better decisions and
preparations on how to do what.

Or maybe they were to obvious to be helpful. (I don't know.) In
any case, wish you a good luck.

>Im curious - you included a link to a Lir issue... *perhaps* >suggesting

I wanted to remind you of that some say collaboration on wikipedia
can be done even among those with opposite biases. Ed's posting was
an example of it, as I understood.

I'm still learning about Lir stuff, (primarily to know how things
could go and make use of that knowledge for Japanese wikipedia)
so I didn't mean that kind of rich and subtle connotations that
you smelled.

Though, of course, I think talking openly about each others
biases among various hard-believers on a sensitive issue
can turn into flame war or lingering conflicts among participants.

Anyway, getting to the bottom of the issue and producing a NPOV
article would be a great achievement, and I am among the
beneficiaries of such an article.

best,

Tomos