[Wikipedia-l] New Bug: Newline within a Link

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Mar 11 12:30:00 UTC 2003

> Any Emacs user out there?  How to prevent Emacs from breaking lines in
> "[[some words|"?

Emacs is not a good text editor, it is a good code editor. It doesn't even
have built-in support for soft line wrapping, i.e. word wrapping at the
window edge. You can wrap *characters* at the window edge using
AutoFillMode, but to wrap words properly you need an ugly hack such as
longlines.el (check CategoryFilling on emacswiki.org). Even the built in
editor of my mail client is better than that.

Or you could use a decent *text* editor like nedit, scite or gvim.

I long for the day when Unix fetishists will realize that much of their
software is broken for real world tasks.

Regards,

Erik