[Wikipedia-l] Death to the comma count!

Takuya Murata takusi at manjiro.net
Sun Mar 9 15:35:51 UTC 2003

Hello, Brion

>Unless a better count system is proposed, I will replace
the comma check
>with a greater-than-zero-size check within twelve hours.

You have a good point. Every one knows current counting
system is silly and need overwhole. I have no objection at
all.

Only my concern is that we should not make a decision in the
place where people can't participate. Yes, every one can
discuss here but only if they speak English. It seems most
of wikipedians in ja.wikipedia knows almost nothing about
what is going on the administration stage like here or
village pump in en.wikipedia.

If you are talking about only en.wikipedia (since this
mailing list is in English), forgive me about my
misunderstanding.

My suspecion is that we should stop using universal system
for all of editions. Different languages need different
coordination. The couting artciels should depend on the
language of edition. Therefore, the discussion here should
be irrelevant and we should move this to each wikipedia's
village pump.

-------
Takuya Murata
takusi at manjiro.net