[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia mascot

Lee Daniel Crocker lee at piclab.com
Fri Feb 21 17:14:04 UTC 2003

> (Jimmy Wales <jwales at bomis.com>):
> Tom Parmenter wrote:
> > seriously, isn't the monkey behind the typewriter exactly right?
>
> :-) I like it, anyway.  I'm not voting for it, necessarily, but I'm
> fond of it.

Yeah, it's cute; and humorous in a self-deprecating way.  But it's
really a symbol of complete randomness, not evolved complexity.
I'm sticking with the leaf-cutter ant.

If we want something humorously self-deprecating, we can switch
to the only truly eusocial mammal: the naked mole rat.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee at piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lee/>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,