[Wikipedia-l] User Contribution Tracking

lcrocker at nupedia.com lcrocker at nupedia.com
Wed Jul 31 06:35:46 UTC 2002

> I have been inactive a while.  Can someone tell me whether the
> user contribution page is going to return to listing contributions
> or is it going to stick with the recent changes format of within
> last 30 days?

The limits are important, because otherwise some of the lists would be
thousands of entries and bog down the server.  But the count limit and
the time limit are both completely selectable in the URL.  I don't
want to have links on the page for anything more than 30 days or 500
results, because then they might get spidered. But if you want to see
you contributions, just make yourself a link on your own page with a
URL that has a large day count, like this:

http://www.wikipedia.com/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:Contributions&target=Mirwin&days=999&limit=100

It will be slow, but it will give you the info.