[Wikipedia-l] Refactoring of Naming, Projects, etc

lcrocker at nupedia.com lcrocker at nupedia.com
Tue Jul 30 18:21:09 UTC 2002

> I volunteered ages ago to try & reorganise naming conventions,
> and tie them in with things like presentation conventions, Wiki
> Projects and "basic topic" pages.
> I'm still mulling it over, and I'e got to the point where I'd like
> to start laying out ideas.
> There's no way this can be cleanly refactored overnight, so I'm
> thinking of using the Meta wiki, to first set out a page scheme and
> then start refactoring. That way "normal service" (!) won't be
> disturbed on the wikipedia: namespace.
> Any objections if I discreetly set up in a corner of MetaWikipedia?

That would be a good way to do it; another method that Mav used for
some of the element pages is to create a page ".../Temp", do all of
the editing there, and then delete it (after moving it to its final
spot).  This wasn't an anticipated use of the delete feature, but I
think its a good one.

I rather like the way my reorganization of all the policy pages came
out; you might use that as a model for reoganizing naming conventions.