[Wikipedia-l] Wiki tables

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 25 21:02:55 UTC 2002

>But I still don't like tables
>--
>Karen AKA Kajikit

Believe it or not, I really don’t care much for them
either --- I can see how tables could be downright
frightening to newbies hitting edit. However, tables
are often necessary, sometimes vital, to presenting
data in a logical and easy to follow manor. This is
especially true for the elements articles and for
presenting taxonomic data in organism articles. So I
view tables as being a necessary evil to get things
done.

With that said….

I have recently submitted a feature request for a
<wiki table> syntax that would greatly simplify table
markup and not be intimidating to newbies.

Please add additional ideas to the sourceforge
tracker.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=584459&group_id=34373&atid=411195