[Wikipedia-l] Kaji: Please undelete bobine120.jpg

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Jul 25 05:13:03 UTC 2002

Pierre Abbat wrote:

> You deleted bobine120.jpg with the comment "wierd diagram in french, unused".
> It is used in the French Wikipedia at
> http://fr.wikipedia.com/wiki.cgi?Le_Choix_De_La_Pellicule_En_Argentique .
> Please undelete it. In the future, if an old orphan image is not blatantly
> junk but you think it should be deleted, mark it as a delenda and let someone
> else check. Also, when you delete something that has been nominated for
> deletion by someone else, please note that fact.

oh F###. I just ASKED if the images on the english database were used in
other wikipedias so that I could know if it was safe to delete them and
I was told that no they're not - they have their own storage space.

I give up. I don't know how to undelete it - I don't think you CAN. But
I won't be removing anything else so I won't screw up again.

It seems to me that the 'orpan' list as it stands is useless because it
doesn't track references to the image by direct url in the english
wikipedia, and it doesn't track ANY reference to the image in any other
wikipedia either... there should be something to tell you if it's linked
to from outside to at least give you an idea that you need to look.

Either all the wikpedias are unified, or they're not. It's too confusing
as it stands.

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

You can take the dragon out of Alfandra, but you can never take Alfandra
out of the dragon (or the Kitty)...

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: