[Wikipedia-l] Jennifer's dresses

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Sat Jul 20 11:25:22 UTC 2002

At 10:25 AM 7/20/02 +0200, Lars Aronsson wrote:

I had earlier claimed that the fear of copyright
>violation was exaggerated and that really only Jimmy and Bomis were at
>risk.  Someone else then claimed that the entire project was at risk, and
>now I tried to demonstrate that this was in fact not the case.

An injunction against publishing wikipedia (a likely remedy should gross
violations occur) would affect the entire project.

The trick really is to avoid even having to prepare for serious litigation.
Use your own camera...

And by the way, expect in any infringement case to have the contents of
this mailing list entered as evidence. Showing a cavalier attitude would be
part of proving the case. On our side showing due diligence would be part
of defending the case.

Fred Bauder