[Wikipedia-l] Numbered section headings within an article

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Tue Jul 16 12:41:22 UTC 2002

Try it on the Pygmalion article.

For the markup there's an established Wiki convention of doing this for
numbered headings:

== # Heading text ===

The place in the hierarchy is determined by the number of = sane as
ordinary headings.
so:

== # Main ==
=== # sub 1 ===
=== # sub 2 ===

it's in use at meatball I think.
I think that's clearer and more consistent that using ! .