[Wikipedia-l] what's being done about performance?

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Sat Jul 13 12:44:26 UTC 2002

At 02:29 AM 7/13/02 -0700, maveric149 wrote:
>Much is now being done to remedy performance problems -- so I do believe
what
>you said is needlessly rude (even if there is a grain of truth to it).

My experience with coders has been in MUDs. Coders like to make new areas,
tweak races and guilds, etc. Performance issues are not nearly as
attractive nor is success in dealing with them easily attainable or
recognizable to others. Like a MUD we are relying on voluntary coders so,
sure, courtesy is necessary.

But so is focus. Right now Wikipedia is like some Ionesco play with a dead
body in the room that everyone inexplicably ignores.

Fred Bauder