[Wikipedia-l] possible explanation for Spanish 'pedia fork; plus some thoughts...

Anthere anthere5 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 21:58:39 UTC 2002

I am not sure you really realise what you are writing
here Jan.

Consider carefully the "it wastes effort but we can
still copy articles from them"
and vice versa - thank you for it
actually, some of us that do great copies of the
en.wiki do put the link each time. Not so much to give
you credit maybe, than to try to link our wikis
together rather than making separate wikis...
Now, if you understand french (are you belgian ?), we
would be most delighted to see you copy an article
from the fr.site one day...

Also consider very carefully the "does our license
then FORCE them to put a link on every article that
they have copied from the original site"
That's an interesting comment. Indeed I'd like to know
what the licence says about that !

But you gave me an idea. I didnot put much on the
en.wiki. But, do you think I should insist it was from
french langage originally ? LOL. never crossed my mind
before !

Let's be serious. I consider great that some french
speaking come and visit from time to time. We must
somehow get over these cultural differences.