[Wikipedia-l] Updates

Magnus Manske Magnus.Manske at epost.de
Sun Feb 3 19:17:20 UTC 2002

Jimbo just uploaded the latest software version.

It contains some bugfixes, and a cached "Most Wanted" page (that doesn't
list articles starting with numbers). You'll have to refresh it manually
when too many articles are covered. But, that will take stress off the
system, making this page (and others) load a little faster.

The default number of changes on "Recent changes" was increased to 250,
which can result in longer loading time. If it takes too long, add
"&maxcnt=100" to the URL manually, for now. Use "List only new changes" for
even faster loading.

Thanks to Brion Vibber, there's now an option on your preferences page where
you can deactivate minor changes for the "Recent Changes" page. We hope it
works ;)

That's it for today, mostly. Brion has joined me at the "programmer's
staff", for which I am very grateful, as there's now someone else to blame
when the script dies ;)
Also, Jan Hidders has sent me a patch, and wants to continue working on the
code. (If you have a SourceFOrge account, I can give you CVS write access).

Magnus