[WikiEN-l] Clutch/Jonathan and the mystery of NPOV

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Fri Jan 31 23:51:10 UTC 2003

All,

please take a look
at

http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Richard_Wagner&diff=0&oldid=634297

I believe this edit speaks for itself. Notice that this edit was labeled as
"restoring an URL and working toward a compromise on POV issues". A
"compromise" (after his previous drastic POVification of the article) which includes
the unexplained removal of plenty of significant information and obviously
POV statements such as:

"Labelling Wagner as an anti-Semite is misleading; he never supported
violence against Jews, nor did he hold them to be at fault for the cultural divide
that he perceived existed between German Jews of his time, and mainstream
German culture."

Once more, Clutch is trying to whitewash Wagner of any and all anti-Semitism
(the "accusations" of which he believes are only made by Jews.) Frankly, I'm
fed up by his edits. I can see absolutely no reason why Lir is banned and he
is not. Enough is enough.

Regards,

Erik