[WikiEN-l] wired article

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Jan 28 20:35:14 UTC 2003

Like Yogi Berra, I didn't really say everything I said. Only the first and last quote Kendra Mayfield attributed to me was accurate.

"I decided to contribute because I think I have a lot of general knowledge, and I like being part of an online community," he said.

and

"I think that over the next few years, it's going to develop into a world-class encyclopedia that will rival the Britannica."

(I think I would remember having used words like 'astounded', 'passionate', or 'sanctity' -- words I do not throw around lightly. Ah, the burdens of being a public figure ;-)

"Uncle" Ed Poor