Lir/Vera (was: [WikiEN-l] Mostly in defence of 172)

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Fri Jan 17 18:03:41 UTC 2003

tarquin wrote:
>I have just tried to politely expect to Vera that NPOV is not required
>for the statement that Nightfall is Asimov's most famous short story.
>
>Her reply on my talk page:
>
>It is obviously contested or we wouldn't be having an edit war over it.
>Vera Cruz <http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Vera_Cruz>

Vera has also made the dubious additions of information on the
transportation history of the Philippines in the 1940s (e.g. how many
cars there were, etc.) and several other Philippines pages (though the
one on its military history was interesting & probably useful too).
She's made the concisely-titled [[List of areas, barracks, bases,
camps, fields, forts, lines, points, and posts]] and we've gone back
and forth over whether to include the complete nutritional breakdown
for Kemps Chocolate Milk. (
http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Chocolate_milk&action=history
)

Nothing compared to the troubles others have had with her, though.
Lir/Vera is obviously trying to push buttons, though, while appearing
innocent and wide-eyed: "what?  You mean that that ''shouldn't'' go in
an encyclopedia?"

>What is her problem?

Burning need for attention.  Off the record, I'd say--well, this isn't
off the record.  On the record, I'll say that I think LDC was right to
ban her when she called herself Lir, and I was wrong to unban her, and
I wish she'd go back to wherever trolls go so we can work.

best

kq

wikipayments:  [[Economy of Poland]] at 17:27 UTC and related Poland
pages (except the History one, which has had I think Helga-inspired
controversy surrounding it), [[Philippines]] pages, [[Peru]] (light at
the end of the tunnel on this Dept. of State stuff.