Protected pages (was [WikiEN-l] edit war at [[Jewish ethnocentrism]])

Lee Pilich pilich at btopenworld.com
Sat Feb 22 15:06:43 UTC 2003

At 21:31 21/02/2003 -0800, KQ wrote:
>2) The link to "unprotect this page" is inconspicuous, and other than
>that, sysops have no notice they're on a protected page.  I don't know
>if a sysop has ever unwittingly edited a protected page, but it's not
>hard for me to imagine it happening.  Maybe there could be a note at
>the top for sysops: "This page is protected.  If it's been protected
>because of a controversy, editing it will look unfair to people who
>are not sysops, and for good reason.  Perhaps you should unprotect the
>page first."

I've wondered about something like this as well. Also, is there a list of
protected pages somewhere, or else some DB query we can run to generate
such a list? I sometimes wonder if pages have been protected about and then
forgotten, left protected forever more.

lp (camembert)
WikiKarma: [[Malcolm Morley]]

PS Apologies for my last post - it was just as useless as the post it was a
reply to. I shouldn't have sent it.