[WikiEN-l] edit war at [[Jewish ethnocentrism]]

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Sat Feb 22 05:31:34 UTC 2003

Hello all,

There was an edit war at [[Jewish ethnocentrism]].  I reverted to what
looked like pre-edit war status, but may not have been.  It looked
like yesterday's edits to me, but I forgot the server is in UTC and I
am not.  Anyway, it may need to be worked with from an earlier state,
I don't know.  I don't think I've ever edited the page, and I don't
have any intentions of editing it.

Two points:  1) the diff is unweildy on that page because of a long
google link.  Apologies, but I'm not going back in to do anything with
it, because it might look like I'm abusing the super duper sysop death
ray, and I try to treat the super duper sysop death ray with care.

2) The link to "unprotect this page" is inconspicuous, and other than
that, sysops have no notice they're on a protected page.  I don't know
if a sysop has ever unwittingly edited a protected page, but it's not
hard for me to imagine it happening.  Maybe there could be a note at
the top for sysops: "This page is protected.  If it's been protected
because of a controversy, editing it will look unfair to people who
are not sysops, and for good reason.  Perhaps you should unprotect the
page first."

best,

kq

wikikarma -- I guess I'll cash in [[Time Indefinite]] from yesterday?